Opened in 2007 as one of the finest NCAA Division III soccer facilities in the Midwest, Traister Field serves as the home of the Eureka College men's and women’s soccer teams.
Located along Dickinson Drive on the far eastern side of campus, Traister Field features a natural grass playing surface, full irrigation system, two-story press box for media and game operations, concession area and sheltered dugout areas for both teams. Fans regularly line the sideline with chairs and blankets and take advantage of the spectacular view of the pitch from the hillside behind the south goal line. A full, regulation-sized practice area is available for the Red Devils just north of the playing pitch.
The facility was dedicated for and named after Eureka Athletics Hall of Famer Leo "Doc" Traister during a ceremony on Oct. 24, 2008. Traister came to Eureka as a student-athlete in 1939, earning four letters in baseball, three letters in football and two letters in track before graduating in 1948. Traister returned to campus in 1956 to serve as Director of Athletics and coach all EC sports until 1966.
Traister remained on various coaching staffs until as late as 1990 and finished his stint on the basketball coaching staff in 1974 as the all-time wins leader at EC with 168. He was inducted into the Eureka College Athletics Hall of Fame in 1977 and remains actively involved with his late wife, Betty, as a supporter of the Eureka College athletics department.
Traister Field also serves as an occasional home for area high school matches, as well as various summer youth soccer camps conducted by Eureka College and its coaching staffs.
The Eureka women’s soccer team recorded a 5-4 victory over Rockford in the first regular season game played at the facility on Sept. 6, 2007.