Eureka College (E-Tribe) Hall of Fame Eligibility
The purpose of the Eureka College (E-Tribe) Hall of Fame is to give lasting recognition to those individuals and teams who have made exceptional contributions to the achievements and prestige of Eureka College in the field of athletics and who have continued to demonstrate in their lives the values imparted by intercollegiate athletics.
Furthermore, it is the purpose of the Hall of Fame to promote more interest in the Eureka College athletics program among alumni and especially the “E-Tribe” members and to display before students in attendance at the College, the performance of past athletes who have contributed so much in making Eureka College a great school.
The Selection Committee is the official governing body concerning all projects, programs and actions of the Eureka College (E-Tribe) Hall of Fame. The Selection Committee consists of members from the “E-Tribe” Association and College staff:
SELECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- President – Dr. Jamel Santa Cruz Wright
- Director of Athletics – Bryan Moore
- Senior Woman Administrator – Christi Taylor
- Associate Dean of Students – Ken Baxter
- Craig Gerdes
- Jon Guderjan
- Alex Hess
- Chris Peterson
- Rick Rogy
- Rich Schwab
- Fred Thierer
- Donita Wightman
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION – INDIVIDUAL ATHLETE
Any Eureka College alumnus or alumna whose class graduated at least 5 years prior and meet the following criteria are eligible for nomination to the Eureka College Hall of Fame.
- Attended Eureka College for a minimum of two years and is a graduate of Eureka College
- Conducted themselves in such a way as to reflect honor on Eureka College during their time as a student-athlete and since graduating from Eureka.
- Demonstrated those qualities of character most desirable of a Eureka College Student-Athlete.
- Earned an excellent record in an intercollegiate sport while in attendance at, and/or subsequent to attending Eureka College
- Made a significant contribution in their chosen profession since their departure from Eureka College.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION – TEAM
Any outstanding Eureka College team that has completed their season at least 5 years prior and meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible for nomination to the Eureka College Hall of Fame.
- A national title
- An undefeated season
- A conference championship
- A regional or district championship as noted by the NCAA or NAIA
- Other exceptional achievements as determined by the committee
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION – COACH/ATHLETIC ADMINISRATOR
Any former Eureka College coach is eligible for the Eureka College Hall of Fame provided it has been a minimum of five years since retiring or leaving Eureka College and had exemplary teams or individuals as a coach at Eureka.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION – HONORARY MEMBER
Individuals nominated may or may not have had any direct affiliation with Eureka College. Honorary members should meet the following criteria.
- Their contribution to EC Athletics would have significantly supported, enhanced, and advanced the intercollegiate athletic programs at Eureka College.
- Their involvement may be varied but should be of significant length (at least 5 years) and should not be currently active within the Eureka College athletic department.
- These individuals may include (but not restricted to) faculty athletic representatives, faculty members, staff members, team physician, or financial supporter of the athletic department.